This MOD was created to provide Multiple Product Images.
In standard Candypress, there is only provision to provide 1 larger images and the thumbnail.
This mod provides and unlimited number of images PLUS the ability to show an EXTRA Large image as well in a seperate layer.
FEATURES & Requirements:
- Unlimited images per product
(I know you will think about how many you really need)
- Configurable # of Thumbnails (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... wide)
- Thumbnail size NOT restricted
- Thumbnail identified by the th_ prefix
- Thumbnails must be created and uploaded
(This version of CP has a good upload facility already (All the different hosting solutions prevent me from creating them automatically)
- Products Large image is the starting default
- Files stored in the /ProdImages/ directory
- Images swapped without page refresh
- Add & Delete functions in Product Admin
- Thumbnails easily sorted to whatever order you require in Product Admin
- Seperate Access DB to store links to multiple images
- Currently Access DB Only (early 2006 will look at MSSQL)
- Easy Installation, minimal MANUAL coding required on your part
All changed files are Automatically Backed Up
System Variable to define Swap Event
OnClick or OnMouseOVer
- Extra Large Image has been added So now we have the Main image, Thumbnail and Extra Large Image
- Extra Large Image now uses a new Layer feature to prevent blocking by Popup Blockers
- All code had been optimised
All Manual instructions can now be printed direct from our Patcher Program
NEW - Slideshow Feature for Multiple Images in the EXtra Large Popup
NEW - EXtra Large Popup now available for NON Multiple Images
Note: This is a personal thing, not a requirement.
When setting up images to display, I always make sure the images and thumbnails are the same size ...
As an example of what I mean, on the demo site all thumbnails are 100x100px and the large images are 450x450px.
What this achieves is a nice flow on the page when people are swaping images around. Just a thought for when you are setting up Multiple Images.To view a DEMO of this MOD...
(Login/PW : amin/admin)
In version 2.5 of Candypress, system variables were handled completely differently to the latest version.
All variables are stored in an array. This is configured in /SCRIPTS/_incConfig_.asp
If your site has had these files MODIFIED previously, by you or another MOD, it will be necessary to change these files Manually.
These files are vital to the running of the store, so they MUST be correct.